Teaching Assistant Vacancy
Bearnes Primary School
17hrs per week NJC Grade C
To commence September 2019
Bearnes Primary School, part of the Link Multi Academy Trust, is seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work 17hrs per week over 3 days initially. This is a fixed term appointment linked to EHCP funding for specific support a pupil with special educational needs.
From September 2019 we require a TA to join our dedicated team. You will provide general class support including delivering phonics, tailored interventions and small group work under the direction of the teacher. We are looking for an individual with a sensitive and nurting approach to children’s needs, who can be flexible, communicate effectively and think creatively.
Ideally, you will:
- Have excellent English and Maths skills;
- Be able to build positive relationships with children, staff and parents;
- Have high expectations of children’s behaviour and be able to maintain consistent boundaries;
- Be willing to work as part of a team and have a good sense of humour;
- Be able to use your own initiative when required;
- Have experience in a similar role in a school;
- Have prior knowledge and experience of working with children with special educational needs.
You should have English and Maths to GCSE A-C or equivalent.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please click on the links below to download an application form, or email the Administrator at email@example.com
Completed applications should be emailed to the school for the attention of the Academy Head, Miss Alice Eeles.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact the school office on 01626 353980 to arrange a convenient time.
Closing date: 11th July 2019 12noon
Interview date: w/c 15th July 2019