Involvement of Other Bodies, Services & Organisations

How does the governing body involve other bodies, including health and social services bodies, local authority support services and voluntary organisations, in meeting the needs of pupils with special educational needs and in supporting the families of such pupils?
Bearnes Voluntary Primary School will:

  • When appropriate, seek advice from advisory services and outside agencies including the Educational Psychology Service, CAMHS, Speech and Language Service, Local Authority support services etc. in order to gain a better understanding of a pupil’s needs
  • Understand the processes that govern access to external support services and agencies and access the training and support that they can offer their staff
  • Where appropriate, seek further advice from advisory services and outside agencies about removing barriers to learning linked to different areas of need