Our Vision and Ethos
Bearnes prides itself on being a nurturing community where children’s voices are heard. Our staff, pupils and families are supportive of one another and are integral to our success. We celebrate successes of all sizes for all of our pupils individually.
Our curriculum is, broad, varied, relevant and exciting. We ensure that we inspire our children to develop a love of school and learning. While the National Curriculum is at the core of our provision, we make learning experiences come alive, hooking the children’s imaginations with a wide range of hands-on experiences and inspiring visits and visitors.
We value each child as an individual through our nurturing approach.
The children at Bearnes will;
Develop knowledge and skills through an exciting and creative curriculum which fosters a lasting enjoyment of learning
Show respect and empathy towards others, enabling them to make positive relationships with a wide range of people
Appreciate the natural world as a source of wonder and inspiration, and play their part in maintaining and improving their environment
- Delivering educational excellence underpinned by strong moral values
- Each learner exceeding their aspirations in a quality learning environment
- Highly motivated, research-led, passionate teaching
- Schools being at the heart of and an integral part of their community
- Being a partner of choice
- Innovative approaches to learning
- The development of partnership and collaborative working to create a cutting edge approach
- An uncompromising approach to health, safety, nurturing and inclusion
- High quality provision for staff and their pathways to success
- School environments that provide stimulating learning spaces
- Strong business planning to maximise the Trust’s geographical range and collective expertise
Small Schools, Big Opportunities-
- Unforgettable experiences- setting the foundations for life
- No ceiling, the highest possible achievement for all
- Individuality valued, collaboration not competition
- People matter, every interaction, every moment