Physical Education and Sports Premium Funding
In October 2017, the Government announced that the Primary PE and Sports Grant would double with schools receiving funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6.
The vision is for all pupils leaving primary school to be physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
The school therefore uses the premium to develop or add to the PE and sport activities that we already offer and build capacity and capability to ensure that improvements we make now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
There are 5 key indicators that we expect to see improvement across:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- A broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
- Sports Grant April 15-April 16
- PE Sport Premium Information 2016/17
- Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium 17/18
- Evidencing Impact of PE Updated-December-2018