Years 5 & 6 Redwoods
As role models for younger children, Redwoods take their whole school responsibilities seriously; they are expected to model excellent behaviour, a positive attitude towards school and learning, and take pride in their work at all times.
Learning in Redwoods is engaging and challenging. Redwoods children are exposed to a variety of teaching styles which ensure all children are excited and enthused in their learning, make the maximum possible progress while also developing independence.
Ms Clarke teaches Redwoods Monday - Thursday, assisted by Mrs Fraser. On a Friday morning, Mrs Hawling teaches arithmetic, PE and computing. Friday afternoons are led by Mrs Fraser.
PE lessons are every Tuesday with Coach Matt and Friday mornings with Mrs Hawling.
Please ensure that PE kit is kept in school for the week, so that it is available whenever they need it.
Homework is designed to encourage independence. Our expectations are as follows:
- Reading on a daily basis (minimum of 15 minutes per day)
- Spellings taken from the Y5/6 and/or Y3/4 list (follow links below)
- Times Tables practice - this should include at least 15 x 1 minute sessions on TT Rock Stars (children all have their unique user ID and password which can be used to access from home)
- Project learning themed around our termly topic where the children will be able to choose from a range of activities designed to take their learning out of the classroom.
- Tricky words from lower KS2.pdf
- Y5_6 spelling cards.pdf
- Lower KS2 spelling list.pdf
Y5/6 Class Teacher